plan the unexpected

Andersson

This week we have to shell out extra for a darn leaky shower head. No idea what happened but it decided to bust this morning when I was in the shower and we had to cut the water until we can get it fixed.

Michael

When it rains, it pours. When it rains in the shower, that's a pain in the tush. It's always those unexpected things we don't plan for that break the budget. The worst part is that it usually comes in threes.

Ed35

We had to shell out money to get a stray cat fixed. She is living in our garage (shop). Cost was $154 today! I wasn't expecting it but I couldn't have her having kittens here either!

Bear

Hopefully, fixing the shower head wasn't too expensive. Our non budgeted expense is going to be replacing my wife's car window. The belt broke and now it won't stay up. The projected cost is $200-$300 if nothing else is wrong with it...arghh!

ryan

Everybody needs a rainy day fund. Those expenses that you think will be minor end up costing more than anybody would have imagined. It's safe to say that the one thing you can plan for is the unexpected. It's easier to roll with the punches, though, if you don't get blindsided with the expense.

Bobby

It's always something. Sometimes it's for necessities, other times for things that you don't need right at the moment but will soon. My rototiller needs some repairs that I'm getting tired of doing. But a new one is way more than I thought so I guess it's going to get fixed one more time.

Lieutenant

I always hate the crazy weird stuff that goes wrong that you have to pay for. Like your wheels fall off the car entirely. Never had it happen to me personally but a friend of mine was down on his luck and he had to replace all 4 tires on his car. He took it to a wonderful retail store to get new ones and paid $500 for all their crazy add-ons. He signed the paperwork and payed all the money he had left in his account. Got on the highway and the tires came off. Most people are probably thinking, PAYDAY, but the paperwork they make you sign when you leave has small print that says that you release them from all liability of lug nut "failure." His insurance company finally paid out on the thing but it is the point that bad things happen when your already at your worst.

meowcow

Ugh house expenses are the worst, for me at least. I'm quite tight handed with my money, and when things break around the house it just spells boring expense for me. I don't mind spending for broken things when they are fun items or can contribute to a fun experience. But mundane everyday items breaking just ruins my day. I feel you.