Playing With The Wii

Bobby

We've had our Wii for a couple of years now and we still have a lot of fun with it. We all get going on it playing the games. It's been especially great when the weather prevents the kids from getting outside and running off their excess energy. Anyone else have Wii?

Donald

I don't have one, but I'm considering getting one that gets you up on your feet and exercising. My grandson is really overweight because he's on his iPad all the time. We're keeping him at our house after school now, so I'm going to get him to moving, I hope.

polamalu43

We play our Wii often too (bad weather only). We play mostly active games - a lot of sport games. I would love to get an x-Box kinect though. I am adding that to my Christmas list this year.

Clay

We have a Wii, and it is a lifesaver during the winter. My son has loads of extra energy, and he needs to burn it off somehow during bad weather. I also like the fact that this console is great for family game nights and the whole family can play most games.

kreso93

I don't own one but I was considering getting a one. Is it too late, should I wait for new console generation or should I get it?

Lieutenant

We have pretty much every game system known to man; which is a waste of money but the kids like it. The Wii is often used for family stuff like bowling and things of that nature. My daughter decided to make my mee avatar wear a pink shirt since that is her favorite color. And for some reason my kids know all the tips and tricks to beating me at pretty much every game.

kreso93

We have pretty much every game system known to man; which is a waste of money but the kids like it. The Wii is often used for family stuff like bowling and things of that nature. My daughter decided to make my mee avatar wear a pink shirt since that is her favorite color. And for some reason my kids know all the tips and tricks to beating me at pretty much every game.
Lucky you, I wouldn't go to work if I had all the consoles lol

encryptedbytes

We have a Wii too. I've "hot-rodded" ours to use an external drive loaded with about 300 games. Instead of the normal interface you get when the Wii starts up, it loads some 3rd party homebrew code that allows us to flip through the available titles quickly and launch them without messing about with discs :)

The modding was fairly easy to do since I am a technical kind of guy, but I did have to spend several hours researching the whole thing so I could *know* what I was doing and not mess the whole thing up.

If you're interested in doing the same, a Google search for "Wii softmod" will get you started. I also found lots of good information, advice, and guides at the WiiHacks.com forums.

Last edited:

Bobby

I'm not sure that there will be that many changes in the Wii so there's probably no point in waiting to get one. And with so many new games always being released it's turning out to be more fun all the time.

kreso93

I'm not sure that there will be that many changes in the Wii so there's probably no point in waiting to get one. And with so many new games always being released it's turning out to be more fun all the time.
Yes, I agree with you on this one.

meowcow

It's great family fun! I find it is a much better bonding console than the others like Xbox or PS3 because it is easier to pick up and learn. It's a lot less complicated so everyone can join in the fun. I like that it promotes movement as well.

JRDeep

Bought a Wii a couple years ago. My kids love it. They make fun of the fact that I suck at a lot of the games they enjoy most, but I grew up playing games without motion control. They don't see that as being a legitimate excuse.