Power of the Prayer?

Bonzay

Do you believe in the power of the prayer? Is there anyone who prayed to God and received what he asked for? Do you think that matters how strong your faith is?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Even if you do not believe in a higher power, prayer can help change something in your mind to help you achieve the goals. But it may depend on the prayer. Praying to win the lotto will not help, and I doubt any higher power will grant that type of prayer.

I do pray in my head often. But it is for family to be safe, or something similar.

CHenne

Oh yes! Last night my cousin was in a car accident. We were told that it was really bad! I prayed and many others did too. I saw the truck this morning and all I can say is he had God sitting right next to him in that truck. He crawled out the back and then passed out on the road. There is no cab left - totally smashed in. He has a few scrapes on his nose, a fat lip and no broken anything.

Ifamily

CHenne, I am so sorry for your cousin. I hope everything goes well for him.

I don't deny that prayer could help to some extent, I just don't feel like asking God for what I need or want.

Mohidad

Do you believe in the power of the prayer? Is there anyone who prayed to God and received what he asked for? Do you think that matters how strong your faith is?
I think prayer helps to focus your mind on the goal you are pursuing. So, it is not like that your kid asks for ice cream and you grant it.

meowcow

The act of prayer to me is a lot more important than the prayer itself. I mean it like meditation. I have come to believe that we were taught to pray mostly to get ourselves to introspect a lot more, rather than to literally talk with God. God should not be our personal wish granter and I really believe He would approve of this message. :D

Scooter

Biologically the power of prayer makes sense. Praying activates certain regions of the brain, there is still a lot of research to be done, but there is some evidence that perceptions have a direct effect on health and happiness.

meowcow

Personally, prayer is more about meditation than having a conversation with God and asking Him for things. Prayer does work for me in the way that when I am able to clear my mind, I find that it is easier for me to plan and reach the goals that I set. So yes prayer does work, but I try to see it as a little more realistic than magical. Just my opinion and ways though. :)

sreekumar

It is the power of mind rather than prayer. If you sincerely and earnestly desire a thing it will happen to you. Have you not heard will power? If the desire is genuine and deserving the goals are surely achieved. Indirectly you apply efforts to achieve it and the dreams come true. And to retain mental power to achieve goals people resort to take God's help by way of prayers some times. When you are mentally weak, prayer, meditation or what ever form of mental exercise would make it stronger. But to consider it as reward you got for prayer is foolish. In that case, you would be punished for not praying.

kreso93

I believe it's more like a boost to your hope and you believe in yourself and other more by doing it. I'm not a religious person, but praying from time to time won't do any harm.

Jonathan

I am not really a prayer. I am not religious in the way church goers and prayers are. But I believe that prayers will help you with focusing your mind on your goals.

Lorenzo

I do believe in the power of prayer. There have been countless times that I've prayed for something and these were granted. I don't necessarily ask for material things, just strength, patience and good health for me and my loved ones. There is a verse that never fails to encourage me to pray: "Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Works all the time.