Prenuptial agreements

Jack

If the person you wanted to marry wanted to put a prenuptial agreement into place, how do you think you would respond? It happened to me once, I decided I didn't like the tone of distrust that was set.

Regis

There's a lot of things you have to consider-especially in this day and age. Does the other person come from a wealthy family? Did they have a bad experience with divorce before? I think it would sting if she put one out there but I've been thinking about it, mainly because it's going to be a blended family.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I looked into it. To be honest, they have so many ways around it anymore, unless you are seriously rich, think movie star, it does not seem to be worth it. Even the big boy prenumps do not always work if you believe the papers.

Mack

Just the thought of it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I mean if you're not even married yet, and the other person is already seriously thinking about "what if", I'd be saying "What if we just avoid the whole possibility and not get married".

bighelp

I see people fight over the dumbest things. I remember two of my siblings fought over my fathers car when he was just in the hospital, not even dead yet. If you need a preup, get it but make sure its rock solid.

Terry

I have mixed feelings on the pre-nup thing. Attitudes to finances need to be similar in my opinion. This would have to be something both parties were happy with for it to work.

Keepworking

Well, I don't like the idea of signing a prenuptial agreement either. It sounds like you expecting a divorce before you haven't even got married. Though, if I were getting married to Megan Fox, I wouldn't mind to sign ten pre-nup agreements.