Pressure

Aiden

I love my wife, of course, but I can't stand all the pressure that's put on guys. We are expected to get the perfect gifts and say the perfect things and it's too much to handle sometimes. Women can get so mad over the littlest things and it's... tough.

greatdad

I used to experience that type of pressure. My wife and I went through some very rough financial times a while back when we didn't have money for gifts, and she's mellowed out about a lot of things now.

NoEnergy

A lot is about realism and communication. If there's a problem, talk about it-don't leave them expecting more than you can realistically give, in any situation.

Jeff

I agree with NoEnergy that you have to communicate. My wife has never put any pressure on me and I am thankful for that. I brought home roses for her Monday and her reaction "aww you didn't have to".

Jessie

Jeff you must be really lucky or just have a understanding wife. My wifes' wants are always more than I can afford! I do however surprise her on occasion with more than she thought I would do or give her.

Aaron

My wife and I do not exchange gifts on most 'holidays'. For Christmas we get each other a couple things and then one thing we have been wanting together (this year we got the WII). This makes life easier as I know the types of restaurants she likes and I take her out on holidays like Valentines Day, Mother's Day, and Sweetest Day.