Public school

Rob

Do your children go to a public school? If so, do you have a good feeling about the quality of the education they are receiving?

Wyss

We are planning for public unless we can get into a private one and that fully depends on the cost that comes along with it. I have seen both good and bad reviews of both public and private schools, but right now we are hoping for the best while preparing for the worst.

Ralphie

We have a very good public school system where we live. In fact, we made the choice on where to live based on the reputation that our school district has.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter is too young for a public school, not even kindergarten grade yet. But the public schools here are horrible. I know many educators who say they will never put their kid in a Florida school system. Not sure what we will do when she gets older. I do like the school, and would sacrifice some things for my kids education, but after 3rd grade, the class size drops quickly.

Sportsfanatic

I live in Florida too and I agree. I live in an area where there is a lot of crime and I don't think I'd want to raise children here. I also hear the schools aren't that great either. I don't know how involved the teachers are, but I'm sure they just do the best with what they get in their classes.

Last edited:

bighelp

We are still debating the public vs. private route. There are many good public schools somewhat in our area but it does mean we would need to move and make sure the kids get into the schools that we want (and we hear that is pretty hard to do).

Kenny

We can't afford private school, and I hear the ones around here aren't any better than the public ones. We will either be using the public school system for the area, or we will home school.

Phillie

My step-son goes to a public school and I think it's fine. I went to a public school and so did my wife. We turned out just fine (better than fine actually). I think that a lot of public schools are wonderful. You have to stay involved in the school, help out by volunteering time. I also think that if you get in touch with the teachers, they will help your children more.

Mack

Here in Minnesota, there is a lot of value and emphasis placed on education. We have been very pleased with the quality of the public education our kids have gotten.

bighelp

We have some really great schools around here but the biggest issue as we are still looking for a new home, tons of builders are setting new communities in places where people do not want their kids going to those schools.

Freezie

I am fine with the public schools here. I just think that too many parents rely on public schools to be the sole means of education for their children. Parents need to do their part to help educate their own children and many don't.

Michael

Supplementing at home

We like the public school our daughter attends. She is lucky enough to have a good bunch of little girls in her classes and has had some great teachers. We do have to do a lot of enrichment on our own.

Ronald

Do your children go to a public school? If so, do you have a good feeling about the quality of the education they are receiving?
My wife and I were both educated in public schools in Georgia. Neither of us are happy with the education we received. However, we can't afford to send our child to a private school, so my wife plans on home-schooling him the four days/week that she doesn't work.

Paul1960

We sent our kids to a private school in kindergarten, but couldn't afford the tuition hike at the end of that year, so from 1st grade on we sent them to public school. I really wish we could have afforded to keep sending them to the private school, because they were more than a full grade ahead when they entered the public school.

Sinbian

The problem with schools is that you are never sure the kids will get proper care regarding education, but even those imperfections made me and a lot of us social beings that we are today. So I vote for public schools.