Pumpkin Carving

Johnson

My daughter has been begging for us to get a pumpkin everyday for two weeks! We finally got a couple today and tommorrow we are going to make a big ol' mess and carve it for her. Have you guys done your pumpkins yet?

Mel

We are going to try to hold off for about another ten days. The kids get SO amped about this stuff. The merchants have been pushing Halloween for well over a month, which isn't helping any.

Mack

We do our pumpkins the night before Halloween. If you carve them too early, they get pretty scroungy looking by the time Halloween rolls around.

polamalu43

It's the night before Halloween and we just came in from carving our pumpkins. We had carved a few last week and just did the Big one and 2 smaller ones today. Our Big one was over 100 pounds and what a mess it made!

Paranoid

We did pumpkin carving last night, just one this year. We ended up carving a cat. It's a bit odd looking but it was fun. It seems like everybody else has been doing them for the last week. We were a bit late.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Finally carved pumpkins last night. But to be honest, I just was not into it like in the past. Not sure why, but this year just has not felt like Halloween. A lot of people I talk to feel that way. I really hope Christmas is not like that.

We do our pumpkins the night before Halloween. If you carve them too early, they get pretty scroungy looking by the time Halloween rolls around.
In the Florida heat, you have to wait until the night before. I've done some two or three days before and had them rotting by Halloween.

It's the night before Halloween and we just came in from carving our pumpkins. We had carved a few last week and just did the Big one and 2 smaller ones today. Our Big one was over 100 pounds and what a mess it made!
100 pounds? That is crazy.