Pumpkin carving.

MilwaukeeJoe

We haven't done this for a few years, but my wife is really excited about Halloween this year and has already started buying assorted decorations and such. Do you carve pumpkins every year? Do you let the kids help? Do you try the fancy designs, or just stick to the basic triangle eyes and crooked smile?

Alex

This year will be the first year actually carving with the girls. We have in the past just drawn faces on the pumpkins with markers and crayons. I like to get creative with mine. I did a pirate ship once with a friend and everyone LOVED it. We will be buying the carving tool kit though that is kid friendly and I will make the cuts for the most part.

Paul40

Oh yeah we carve a lot of pumpkins. My kids actually do the majority of it. They can make them scary or however they want. Of course right now it's way too early too start carving them, they would rot before Halloween.

Tyler

I love everything Halloween and pumpkin so of course we do. Carving with the kids is a challenge sometimes, but fun. Decorations are up and the kids costumes are purchased. Pumpkins are growing at my dads house!!

lamant

I love the holiday myself and I really can not think of anyone that does not like it. Its funny, even though who call it the devils day end up dressing their kids up and still complain about it. Why cant they all just cut loose and have a little fun?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Pumpkins do not last long in the heat down here. But I love to carve them. You are lucky to get a week after they have been carved, so I carve the day before.

Sampson

Yep, I had a sister who lived in Texas and they would only carve a few days before Halloween for that reason. But they did paint a bunch of little pumkins with the kids before that. On the plus side, down south they usually had decent weather to go out for trick or treating. Here up north, most of the time the weather is a crap shoot.