Pumpkins

Don

I'm trying to decide if we should go after the pumpkin tomorrow or wait until next weekend. Do you think the selection will be gone if we wait until next Sunday?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how your area is. Here in Florida I do not go until a few days before. The pumpkins will rot otherwise.

CHenne

Probably! I see the fields around me are getting more and more bare each day! We got all of our pumpkins a couple of weeks ago. You don't have to carve them right now, but you should buy them.

Don

We went ahead and got one on Sunday. It is suppose to get cold this weekend, so it seemed to make more sense to go while it was still nice and warm. It was a beautiful day and everyone enjoyed it. We got to the same place each year.

Gavin

If you have any large, publicly available pumpkin patches in your area I would wait until 2 or 3 days before Halloween. You don't want to get one now and then have it rot on "the day".

Endalia

We went last weekend and it's carved and on the porch with a flameless candle in it. I did what someone had suggested and put vaseline on all of the cut surfaces. It did keep it from wilting. If it goes bad before Halloween, I'll have to carve another one for him.

Dad Brad

There are oodles of extra pumpkins around my area. The weather has kept people from getting out, so lots of Halloween and fall items are still left on the shelves. The economy didn't help either.

Bear

Our carved pumpkins are still on the front porch. This is the first year that they weren't already going bad before Halloween arrived, but it has been cooler than normal.

Andersson

We still have tons of stores that have many pumpkins left, I can not complain as I am a sucker for pumpkin pie and there is plenty to go around. It has to be my favorite part of the season!