Real jobs vs working from home

Aiden

I keep thinking about working from home and am wondering if maybe it would be better for my family. Between school and work, it's so hard to spend the right amount of time with my family. What do you think? Can I make good money online?

JakeJ

I think working from home, whether for cash or as a home maker, are as real as things you leave the house for! Not sure what you do, but have you thought about a job where you get to split the time between office and home?

Mark

I think JakeJ makes a great point. Sometimes I think it's very important to have your own work space and get out of the house. Working from home all the time could really end up driving you a bit bonkers.

Cruise

I agree with Jake, online jobs you can work from home (if that's what you mean) is as real as office or other offline jobs. You know your situation the best but as for me, I would stick with my current job and working at home just to make extra income.

Jdrake

Yeah I agree, I think working from home is a real job. If you do it then you need to have an off limits office you can go to, to get your work done.

Jack

It takes time to get some momentum going to make reasonable money online. If you already do something related, maybe it would be easy for you. If not, keep your day job awhile longer.

Zimmer

You can always start a home business, or you need to check and see what kind of marketable skills you have, for example with IT skills you could be in the middle of the jungle as long as you have an internet connection, to upload your work.

McGregor

You can make real money working at home (be it running home business or working online). But I don't think you have to quit your office job as you can use your spare time to work online.

Kenny

Something else to consider is whether or not you can afford to work at home. If you are talking about running your own business or freelancing you have to pay for your own insurance, retirement etc.

Dave07

I have done some jobs to make money online but not enough to support my family unfortunately. I would love to be able to do that.

bighelp

If you are working and have deadlines to meet, it is a real job. It does not matter if its a WAH job or a job in the "outside world" its still work, its still legit, you are still getting paid - its a job.

AlexT

I have been working online part time for some time now so it's definitely possible and as good as any "real" offline job. However, most of my family and friends still don't quite understand and think that I'm just wasting my time on the computer.