Relations after divorce

Independent

Has your ex-wife ever shown up at your door wanting to stay there? You know, all telling you how sorry she is and how she misses you? Mine did and I told her to get lost. Did I do the right thing?

benben

I think you did the right thing. Right after I got divorced from my first wife she showed up. Now in my case she is the one who wanted the divorce. In my experience if she comes back like that then she wants something from you. Money, food, shelter or just attention. I think it is good you did not let her pull you in to that.

Ed35

Wow, how crazy is that! I'm not divorced so it has not happened to me but it seems pretty ballsy of her. I'm glad you told her no! How silly - it's like she wants her cake and she wants to eat it too.

Phillie

Sick! She might have just been lonely but I agree with Ed on this one - no way! I can't imagine her sinking so low! Kick her to the curb, why go through all that again?

GranddadHoward

I know a young man who let his ex-wife stay with his girlfriend and him after they had been divorced for a year or longer. I thought he was crazy. I think you did the right thing.

Luke

I think you did the right thing. If for some reason she wants to re-kindle the relationship and you are okay with that there are better ways to go about it.

Blended

Back in the day when we were still dating (me and wife) we often had fights, we even broke up a few times but at the end we always came back to each other. I'm sure what you can do in your situation but sometimes getting back together may be a good thing.