Rising cost of benefits

Kenneth

I did these self-assessment and blood tests at work, because we get $400.00 off our yearly benefits premium. I expected the amount I pay each pay period to go down, but instead it went up by 50% due to rising healthcare costs. This is getting ridiculous!

Phillie

I am lucky! I just got our benefit letter from my workplace and our insurance is not going up! I was surprised! The only thing that went up was the vision plan.

Anthony

Yep, Kenneth I am one rise in health care costs away from working only for insurance. I expect that to come next year when we re-enroll since this year's increases go into effect on January 1st.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly it is only getting worse, especially if everyone is forced to get it. All I see are premiums going up, and the insurance companies know they got you over a barrel.

Wyss

Our work is just as nuts, I can not believe how much in the last five years our prices have went up. They have even shopped around trying to find better deals, so far everyone says we have the best but I beg to differ.

Ralphie

Everybody has to have car insurance. By everybody having to have it, it keeps the cost down for everybody, and everybody is covered. I think it would be good.

Jack

That would be good. It would work more efficiently if there was a single payer too. If there was one system and one payer, there would be so much cost savings.

Gilbo

So far ours have been kind of okay, they went up a little bit but not nearly that much. Who are you dealing with or do you actually know?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Everybody has to have car insurance. By everybody having to have it, it keeps the cost down for everybody, and everybody is covered. I think it would be good.
If you do not have a car, you do not need to have it. In theory it is nice, but in real life, it is something different. Considering my monthly costs have done nothing but go up since the bill was past, I do not follow the theory. The way it is now, we are just forced to buy it from various companies, and they know it. And people think the people on wall street ravaged Americans. What until all this hits. And if costs are low now, I would hate to see what someone who is spending $1,200 per month just for her health insurance (she has had cancer) would be paying. Funny how they almost doubled her costs this past year even though she has been cancer free for almost 5 years.

Thompson

I'm with Jason on this one. Prices will continue to skyrocket because you have to have it. Single payer would be even worse because then someone would choose what care you were allowed to have.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm with Jason on this one. Prices will continue to skyrocket because you have to have it. Single payer would be even worse because then someone would choose what care you were allowed to have.
There really has to be a better method then what we have and a single payer. Not sure what it is to be honest, but they both are, well, I better stop myself. To sum it up, I find health insurance enemy #1. Above banks, and wall street.