Self employed or work for someone else?

Glenn

For those of you who work from home, do you own your own company or are you employed by someone? If you are self employed, what do you do?

Andy

I work for a company. I tried to do the self-employment thing for awhile but it was taking to much time away from my family. Working regular hours is better for me.

newb2diaps

I am employed by another but on most days I never mind my work too much, I have some side projects that keep me pretty busy on most days. At least I can say no day is ever the same. :)

papabear

I'm a telecommuter for a financial firm in Chicago. The work isn't that hectic for me, and if I stay 1 day ahead of the game, I can take all day, off and on, to get my work done. I love it.

Kevin

I'm not working outside the home anymore. Due to budget cuts, my job was eradicated and now I am the stay-at-home parent. It is a little awkward, but I am trying to be productive during the downtime. I've always wanted to write a book and found this to be the opportunity to do so. I'm working on that now every chance I get.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I own my own company. I sorta wish I worked for someone else. A lot more security that way. But with all the stuff I have had going on the last two months, working for myself has allowed me to make certain meetings and appointments. It is tough either way I think.