Should I buy one?

Pascallist

Would you purchase a laptop you don't really need just because it's cheaper than it should be? I see some cheap laptops offered at a local computer store. They are not the latest ones, of course. Most of them still use Dual Core processor.

Ed35

Ummm. You don't need it? Does anyone in the family need it? It's a no for me if I don't need it. Why waste money on something you don't need just because it's cheaper than normal?

the saint

Electronic gadgets, like cars, are cheaper when they are being replaced by new models and line production stops. They are offered cheap to lower non-moving inventory. If you don't need it, don't buy it. It will be a waste of money.

Keepworking

How cheap are they? If it's like 75% off or so, I would say go for it. I think it's not a bad deal. Many people are still using desktops or laptops with Dual Core processor.

wilson

Just because it is cheap does not mean it is good. You can find great deals all over the web but you need to make sure you are buying something that is useful to what you need and it is relevant (as in not obsolete yet).

bighelp

I am always worried if I buy something too cheap I am going to be stuck with a product that is as they say "you get what you pay for" and I never want to do that. Money is tight with the economy already, I do not want to waste it.

Mohidad

I agree with you that you get what you pay for. As for the laptops (and other computer related products) sold at discounted prices, I think they are old products and the dealers just want to get rid of them.

Ifamily

That sounds like a great deal, and I agree with the others that the products are cheap because they are old models. It's not necessary that they are of low quality.

Independent

I would buy it if it was a really good sale. I mean, you never know when yours might break. Also, you could buy it for the wife or kids. Or even for a parent or someone you know could use it.

bighelp

I purchased one this week and it was a great deal from a family member of mine. Normally its about a six hundred dollar laptop and I manage to get it for half of that. Not a bad deal and I desperately needed a replacement.

crowl

I try not to purchase anything I do not need or will not need for the next few months. This way I have an extra step to keep my finances in proper order.