Showering with the Kids

Victor

Do you shower with your kids? How old were they when you stopped? My oldest is only three so I'm still comfortable with showering with her, but I'm not sure how long I'll be fine with it.

Salazar

I shower with my three year old as well. I have a friend who has an eight year old daughter and he told me she was the one who put a stop to it when she was ready. For now, I'm just going to play it by ear and let my daughter call the shots.

Don

No, I have not showered with either of my children. Both my son and daughter started out preferring baths. My daughter now takes a shower, but my son still prefers a bath. My wife usually has to wrestle to get him in there to take one, however.

Timothy

I've recently started showering with my son as a way to get him used to taking a shower instead of a bath. For a long time, my wife would bathe him in the evenings, right before dinner and bedtime. Now that she's having back problems and he's gotten a bit older, she wants him to start taking showers, so he hops in with me in the evenings. I plan to let in continue until he tells me he's ready to shower by himself.

Sinbian

We taught our children to shower on their own very young. Although we were there on occasion to check are they doing everything right.

Victor

Sinbian, how old were they when they showered alone? I'd love to do that, although my 3 year old hates the shower so if I left her in there by herself she would just jump right out.

John

We never started with our kids in the shower with us, so it's not an issue. They took baths until they're old enough to be alone. The shower just sort of grew on them.

Sinbian

Sinbian, how old were they when they showered alone? I'd love to do that, although my 3 year old hates the shower so if I left her in there by herself she would just jump right out.
One started showering by herself when she was 5. The other one was high maintenance :D and started a year older. I guess it depends on the kid.

Andersson

I never did this but the lady of the house did with our daughter. The biggest issue she faced when she was a tiny tot was having very long hair. During shower times we always heard "but the shampoo is in my eyes". The wife quickly fixed that, she watched her mom take a shower one time and after that we never heard her mutter those words again. I think she was about four when that happened.

BigPapa

I have never showered with my daughter. I did help her the first couple of times she showered on her own and of course I bathed her when she was younger but that's about it. She was pretty independent.