Sick & Hosting a Party?

Victor

My daughter's first birthday party is tomorrow and I have a cold. :( I don't know what to do. I'm up for hosting it, but I don't know if anyone will want to come since I'm sick.

CHenne

Sure they will. People have colds all over the place. If it was the flu that would be another story. I think having the common cold is fine. Most kids have already been exposed to it. Have a great party and happy birthday to your kiddo.

Andersson

I agree with CHenne on this one, do you have any idea how many random people you come in contact with every day that have a cold? Sometimes its easy to see and others it is a little tricky. Just this morning my banker was sneezing as she grabbed my check to deposit.

Endalia

I wouldn't worry about it. People will understand about you having a cold. I have to agree, everyone should be fine with a cold. You encounter much more during an average day, than that cold.

Don

What did you end up doing? The last time something like that happened to me, I just stayed hid out in the bedroom and my wife handled it. I hope you are feeling better.

Victor

I notified people since a couple of them have very young babies. We definitely had fewer people than we would have otherwise, but it was still a good turnout and a good party, so it all worked out in the end.