Side Dishes

Timothy

With the rising price of meat, we have been focusing more and more on side dishes at the dinner table. With that said, I think my new favorite side dish is Mahatma yellow rice, while my wife is in the middle of a heated love affair with sweet potatoes that have toasted marshmallows on top. :p

What are some of your favorite side dishes?

Victor

Oh, I have to side with your wife on this one. I adore sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows, probably because it's not very good for you. ;)

Regis

My wife calls me a philistine. I still like the thin kind of french fries. There are other things I'll eat if they are there but fries will always be number one.

BigPapa

We try to keep meat to a minimum for health reasons. We eat more fish and things. For side dishes I like to eat salads and veggies. Occasionally we eat steamed brown rice.

Andersson

With the heat going crazy lately we have broken out more cooler foods for side dishes and its a true pain to try and fire up the oven in this weather. Last night we had an amazing fruit salad and the night before a cool macaroni salad.

Miller

We had a green bean casserole last night. We followed the recipe on the French fried onions can and added water chestnuts, almonds, cooked diced chicken leftover from the day before and grated cheese. It was delicious and easy to fix.

meowcow

The general consensus in our household is that adults love white rice and/or mashed potatoes, while the kids prefer mac and cheese as a side dish. Personally, I love a well made macaroni or potato salad once in a while as well, it makes me hungry just think about it now. :)

FrankSinatra

I always add a salad to dinner for health reasons and it can definitely fill you up without making you feel full and gross.

Foster

Side dishes in my house depend on what the main dish is, although they always include at least one vegetable/salad item. I can't say I have a favorite though

ProForums777

Man, my favorite dish is shrimp and calamari, over and over, and over again, until I hit my budget. Well I think you know what my favorite dish is. However, there are some really good seafood dishes that I like at Red Lobster.

polamalu43

Yum to sweet potatoes! I love them baked but have never had marshmallows on them. We eat a lot of noodle side dishes. I don't really like rice dishes.

youngone

I love roasted sweet potatoes, definitely one of the best side dishes. I also like pulao rice with curry. Pulao rice is cooked with whole spices, saffron and caramelized onions. Another favorite of mine is potato salad.