Socializing With Single Moms

Ravenfan

Do your wives sometimes get jealous if you socialize with single moms? My relationship with my wife is great, but sometimes she jokes about my "dates" with the single moms when our boys want to play together or go to the pool together. I've offered to have her join us, but normally she says she is just joking and it is fine, but I wonder if she is just a tinge jealous.

josephconrad

I find that the prettier the women are, the more likely it is the missus will feel jealous whether she wants to or not. There is just no way to know what goes on unless she is there. It could be a completely innocent relationship solely for the kids. It could be a full-blown affair. It could be anywhere in between. It can make women feel insecure.

That is why establishing trust is so important in marriage. If you and your wife trust each other, you can joke about that kind of thing but not believe it for a second, because you are secure in your relationship.

polamalu43

Why are you hanging out with single moms? Are you a stay at home dad? Most times my wife chatted with the other moms and I chatted with the dads. I mean sure I would chat with the moms too but not usually single moms.

Lorenzo

I also socialize with single moms and single women, as we have a lot of them in the company that I work in. My wife even teases me sometimes that I take extra care to look my best when I go to work, so I could impress some pretty co-worker. It doesn't bother her, honestly. She knows where she stands. I always assure her, that I would never do something that would break our marriage and make my kids hate me. As I always tell my wife, you can only commit one simple mistake, and when you are caught (as you eventually will when playing with fire), you can never go back to make it right again.

flfsurveyor

I am a single dad and I particularly like to socialize with single moms. But really, you have to be very sensitive to what your wife IS NOT telling you when she teases you when you are socializing with other women. Action is always stronger than words. True, she knows where she stands; but you have to reassure her where you stand - and that is right next to her.

BigPapa

I don't hang out with the single moms but then again there aren't many in my area. If my daughter wants to play with one of her friends we generally have their parents drop them at our house or we drop her at her friends house. We trust the parents and don't really hang around, unless of course they are one of our friends.

Don

There is a single mom that comes to my son's baseball games that my wife doesn't like. The woman is very "touchy-feely" and likes to put her hand on your arm when she talks to you. She also likes to give me and the other fathers hugs when she hasn't seen us in a while. Apparently, none of the other wives like her either.

Ravenfan

Why are you hanging out with single moms? Are you a stay at home dad? Most times my wife chatted with the other moms and I chatted with the dads. I mean sure I would chat with the moms too but not usually single moms.
I have a lot of male friends that I socialize with. I go out to sporting events with them, play cards, etc. It just happens that a couple of my son's friends have single moms. I don't think I should avoid going places just because they don't have a partner. Yes, I do agree though that I should be considerate of my wife. I always let her know she is welcome to go too, so she doesn't think there is something odd going on.

Jatelo2

I'd advise that you do not take this matter lightly. Women do hide their feelings for fear of being seen to be weak. That trait is not an admirable one since it leaves them with an 'uniformed' perception on matters. Today she may talk casually over the issue but as time goes she may start having 'funny ' ideas about your relationship with single moms. My advice again is that you reduce your involvement with these women if your are keen on having a continued great relationship..Just a view point.

Victor Leigh

I do socialize with single moms but I, myself, am a single father, too. So there's no one to upset. If you have a wife, I would suggest leaving the single moms alone. What a woman says is not always what she feels in her heart.

Ravenfan

Well I've started trying to get her more involved and coming alone. I even encourage her and my son's friend's mom to take the boys out themselves without me. It's one of those things where I don't want my son to lose out on seeing a friend just because of something that might be perceived incorrectly.

JRDeep

My wife doesn't like it when I talk to women, period. When we were dating in high school, I remember she told me that she didn't want me talking to other girls. I thought she was just being cute and joking, but i started to notice as I ignored her comment, she was pretty jealous of my interaction with other females.

taskeinc

Not Jealous

Ravenfan .. if your wife were jealous she would definitely take you up on your offer to join you on your outings with the single mom and the kids. She would also bring it up from time to time, out of the blue.

If you've ever had the unfortunate experience to be around a jealous woman (and this works both ways of course) you would not have to ask the question because she would make it crystal clear that she is jealous.