Some Nostalgic Notes to Entertain Us.

Papa Bear

Let's look back and smile at the nostalgia that this one evokes... Its entertaining too...

Do you Remember Life Before the Computers?

An application was for employment.
A program was a TV show. A cursor used profanity.
A keyboard was a piano!
Memory was something that you lost with age.
A CD was a bank account.
And if you had a 3 1/2 inch floppy You hoped nobody found out!
Compress was something you did to garbage Not something you did to a file.
And if you unzipped anything in public You'd be in jail for a while!
Log on was adding wood to a fire.
Hard drive was a long trip on the road.
A mouse pad was where a mouse lived.
And a backup happened to your commode!
Cut - you did with a pocket knife Paste you did with glue.
A web was a spider's home And a virus was the flu!
I guess I'll stick to my pad and paper And the memory in my head.
I hear nobody's been killed in a computer crash But when it happens they wish they were dead!

Richard

That was a good laugh, thank you! I was thinking about how I'd spend my summers off from school reading, perhaps watching some TV (but getting bored by the daytime television) and mostly trying to find friends to visit or have over - now my kids spend their summers on the computer as much as possible. *sigh*

stayathomepaul

Haha, that is great. Technology sure has changed the way we use words, and wow has that happened quickly. I wonder where language will be in another couple a years.

Richard

Haha, that is great. Technology sure has changed the way we use words, and wow has that happened quickly. I wonder where language will be in another couple a years.
Have you ever read Old or Middle English? The first time I saw it, and realized that it was spoken only 500 years ago, I literally had to ask the professor, "is the way we speak today going to be as unrecognizable to English speakers 500 years from now?" I had to hear him say yes to believe it!