Split Time

Steve

I am happy that this year the ex and I have come to agreement to split Thanksgiving. The papers say whoever gets Thanksgiving also has Christmas Day and the other has eve. Her family only gets together the 2 big days so it is unfair. So we split Thanksgiving and I got him until 4 so we had our dinner at 1 and she is having dinner at 6. This is the first drama free holiday in the 4 years since the divorce!

SteppinIn

Congrats! It's really nice when a happy medium can be reached. In my experience, Christmas Eve can be just as if not more exciting than Christmas Day - so make it special and enjoy your holidays!

Salazar

That's really great that you came to an agreement that works for everybody. I wish someone would give my ex some tips about compromise. Drama free holidays must be wonderful.

Independent

I am glad to hear that you were able to work something out. I am sure that you were extra thankful this year since you got to spend it with your child. Congratulations on that!

WillyWonka

It's hard to work through these things sometimes. You really don't know what to do until the last minute sometimes. I have her all holidays now but I do take her to her grandparents for them to see her. I would hate to think I am denying her her special grandparents just out of spite.

the saint

That is a very nice gift for your kid, having to spend the holidays with both parents, although not being together. Congratulations! And may you have more pleasant days to spend with him.