Staying at home boredom

FrankSinatra

If it is during working hours I would find an excuse to go outside. Even if it was just to go food shopping or take a walk with the dog. Just break up the day and do something different; go get an ice cream or a beer or whatever.

If it is on the weekends or non work days then I hit up the beach or whatever else is going on in town.

taskeinc

Small Office Home Office (SOHO)

I've been working from home for the past 5 years and I LOVE it! I suppose that after working in Corporate America for 24 years, same company, I was so sick of all the politics, the brown-nosing (not me but watching others sniff their way to the top), that I said I'd never go back.

I really don't get bored for a few reasons, (1) I love plants and horticulture so I'm always surrounded by plants, and these plants add so much life to the home; (2) I have other interest such as freelance article writing, astronomy, spirituality, that I combine with my writing, and it never gets dull, and (3) there are free wifi spots all over the place; for a change of scenery, once every couple of weeks or so, I'll take a cyber field trip, if you will, and work from Starbucks, or Buffalo Wild Wings, or Panera Bread. This breaks the monotony of working from home.

When you're working from home you have to create the most exciting SOHO atmosphere possible, even if it means having a wall-mounted plasma 20-30 feet from your desk so you can occasionally watch TV while you work. My office is combined with my den (2 separate rooms but closed off from the rest of the house), lots of windows, plants everywhere. I have framed pictures along the bottom of one wall in my office that includes pictures of Joe Namath, Doug Williams, Gayle Sayers, Michael Jordan and Magic dueling in the NBA finals, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, Jerry Rice and Tim Brown, Marcus Allen, the late Jack Tatum standing over the Viking WR that he had just laid-out with a vicious hit (a classic photo), Derek Jeter, and Serena Williams ..

I'm never bored .. give yourself other things to do, that way when you take a break, you have your hobbies right there to keep your mind sharp. Also, step out every now and then with the laptop. When I go to Buffalo Wild Wings for example, it's never crowded because of the time I go; most people are at their brick and mortar, 9-5 job, so after the lunch hour traffic (which is not much) there are very few people there, and you can just relax, do a little work, watch Sports Center on the big screen, flirt with the waitresses .. it's all good !

Niceness8000

I stay at home full-time. I think it's perfect for me because I want to get out and experience life on my own terms. In my view, earning money is something that you strive to do as little of as possible while earning the income you need to sustain your lifestyle. The rest of the time is family and fun, and personal and global exploration.

Victor Leigh

Staying at home is supposed to give more opportunities for quality time with the children. Except when all the children have flown the nest, so to say. Then staying and working at home becomes quite a lonely situation. Now I am trying to remedy this situation by getting some of my children to join me in working on a network of sites together.

JRDeep

I'm trying to work form home right now. I can't stand being stuck in one place for too long. It's maddening. I try to use it as motivation to get everything done early, so I can get my butt out and do something more fun. Rather work at home on a computer than be in an office or something. Screw a dress code.

footballtim

My wife has been a work-at-home wife for years. However, her line of work has somewhat dried up, and her Multiple Sclerosis has gotten worse, so I told her to retire. She did and she is not bored. It is not that she has enough to do, it is that she cannot do much of anything because she is so disabled.

Mr. Rogers

I work from home and the only thing that drives me crazy is trying to create timeframes for doing things. The house work versus the work work. That does get difficult. I think once I find my groove I'll be happy.

ghanashyam

I am retiree and once when I retired for first few days, I was also damn bored. But then, I have started moderate walking program and joined few social clubs for retirees. That kept me busy for some time. Now , a computer and a my spiritual activities keep me more busy than I was while I was on job

Victor Leigh

I am retiree and once when I retired for first few days, I was also damn bored. But then, I have started moderate walking program and joined few social clubs for retirees. That kept me busy for some time. Now , a computer and a my spiritual activities keep me more busy than I was while I was on job
Computer and spiritual activities? That's an interesting combination. Just curious. Do you have your own blog? It might be worth starting a blog to share your spiritual activities. Who knows, it might turn into a source of income.

Niceness8000

I love being at home. For me, time even goes faster. I'm not sure how one can get bored, honestly. Doing work to earn money is hopeful not the only thing you find fulfilling during your time. I strive to avoid doing work to earn a salary so I can spend time finding out the things we like doing the most.