Stocking Stuffer Ideas

Victor

What do you like to put in stockings for your kids? Mine are very young so I don't want to put much candy in there, but can't afford to fill it with things like DVDs.

Mel

We put little, simple things in the girls' Christmas stockings. Things like a deck of cards for a children's card game, a small coloring book with a new box of crayons, maybe some pretty barrettes for their hair with a little necklace----things like that.

polamalu43

Cheap items! Hair things, nail polish, toothbrush, some candy and other small things. I do usually put a CD in each stocking. I picked them up on Black Friday for 5 each.

Endalia

We used to put some fruit they liked in their stockings. We also used to put in things like socks, gloves, money and so forth in there too.

Salazar

My daughter is only three, so she's getting some small toys, a stuffed animal, and some costume jewelry. The dollar store can be a great resource for stocking stuffers.

Andersson

Tons of places are advertising nothing but stocking stuffer's, this morning I received three emails for them. I know some people that load them up for the kids with tons of candy too, we never did this though. Maybe a few Hershey's kisses here and there along with a few mints but a stocking should never be 1/2 full of candy.

Timothy

We hit the dollar store for stocking stuffers, so our son and all of our nieces and nephews get different things every year. They mostly get toys and candy, but we just buy whatever we can find from the dollar store that we think they'll like.

BigPapa

Target's dollar center by the front of the store is the best for stocking stuffers. They will usually have small books, crayons, character socks, small toys, and other stuff. I usually get tons of stuff there.

Victor

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will hit the dollar store and the front of Target this weekend to get some cheap toys. My oldest would love some barrettes and bracelets too, so I'll have to look for those in particular.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I used to get a few staples. Tooth brush, a pair of socks, candy and scratch off tickets were things I pretty much knew would always be in there. The rest varied by age.

Don

I agree the dollar stores are a great place to look for stocking stuffers. My daughter has outgrown them now, but she use to really like those sticker books and game books. Now, we get that kind of stuff for our son and our daughter usually gets products for her hair and may an iTune gift card.

Michael

My daughter's a little older, I think, but she does love beads to make friendship bracelets and necklaces out of. They have been great stocking stuffers for us for a few years now. She trades them with her friends, too.

Bearsfan

I saw this post and went to Target to look in the area you guys were talking about and found some things I remember getting in my stocking. Those paddles with the super ball attatched and Silly Putty! I used to love that stuff. I picked up some of that for each kid

polamalu43

Great idea Jason! Scratch off tickets! I am going to buy some for my teen daughters stocking. I went out tonight looking for more items and came home with socks.