Tell my husband?

erin

A friend recommended this site but I'm wondering if I should pass it along to my husband or just let him know that sites like this exist for men. Seems like letting out steam on places like this for both of us would make us less likely to end up in counseling.

jimscharger

Go ahead and tell him. The worst thing he can do is say no and laugh at you, right? If you take a chance, though, he might log in and find some great suggestions and ideas. I say what have you got to lose? :D

Ed35

I'm not telling my wife... I like to come here and chat about anything and not have to worry about what she thinks. I would keep it to yourself - that way you can ask questions and get our prospective.

CoolDad

Erin, you should let your husband know about this site. This is a great resource site for fathers. Guys tend to keep their feelings to themselves and a site like this is an avenue for them to express their emotions and remove stress.

benben

I agree, send him a link to the site in an e-mail or something and then let it go. He will come if he chooses to do so. Of course, leave the decision up to him.

Peyton

I think you should just let him know sites like this exist. This forum is great, but if you're going to share the link to this one with him, you should ask yourself if you really want him to see everything you talk about on here. I'm not saying it's okay to keep secrets, but you may want some privacy...especially if you're asking for advice about him :)

bighelp

Another thing to think about is that not all men want to share a web forum with their spouse, maybe you both could have your own forum to share, then separate ones to rant at. The last thing I would want is to see my wife rant about me on a site that I am also a member of but have never told me (and told strangers instead).

crowl

I am sure that most dads who are online know there are communities out there but I still think many do not want to deal with one. I have no issues talking about being a parent, my feelings, etc. though I am sure some might.

erin

I did print out a post and that probably wasn't the way to go to get him interested. I'll have to wait and see. Thanks all for the advice.

Keepworking

I think you should let your husband know about this forum. It is a great forum and I have learned (and still learning) so much from it.