Tenny tiny cakes

Andersson

The local school in our area does an exchange with a close grocery store, the store supplies the cakes and parents along with family can purchase one through the school. Kids decorate them for Mother's Day and other family holidays. Do other schools do this too?

Don

The schools here have never done anything like that, but they do sell candy for the band and a group sells magazines for one of the sport teams. Thankfully, they only do both about once a year.

Andersson

I love seeing all of the ways they get the kids excited about any type of craft, the schools here are really pushing for arts related projects lately. I like it myself as it gets kids excited about things that they might overlook (when it comes to video games, sports, etc.).

BigPapa

That sounds like an interesting idea but none of the stores around here participate in anything like that. I think the closest thing would be the local pizza joint having the kindergartners in to make pizzas. They don't do that for any special occasion though.

John

Our school sells pizza and chocolate chip or oat meal cookie mixes. They are really expensive, though. The kids are pushed to sell so many that the top seller gets to ride in a limousine. I hate peddling the stuff, so we don't even try to win. I would much rather give a cash donation and not have to sell.

Bryan T.

The only thing our middle school does similar to that is the usual bake sales. They make the cakes, cookies, and other items and then sell them for school related projects.