Texting while driving

WagnerB

The fact that we can drive and got the license indicates that we are not dumb enough not to be aware that texting while driving puts not only our safety but also other people's safety at risk. And some people still text while driving. :mad:

stayathomepaul

I read an article that said texting drivers are just as dangerous as drunk drivers. If that is true then I think the penalty for texting and driving should be the same as drunk driving.

Papa Bear

I think that texting while driving is worse than drunk driving. The texting driver has control of his mind and body and he has rational thought to choose not to text.

Ifamily

What is so important in the text messages that they put their life at risk to reply them? The people are just plain dumb and shouldn't get the license.

benben

Ifamily, that is a good question. I am willing to bet that those texts aren't all that important. If we were to pull all the texts people send while driving and read them I bet 90% were just stupid.

benny

They are called bluetooth headsets, people should really invest the 10 bucks. For all intents and purposes I don't give a dam what somebody does at the wheal as long as they are the only ones that will end up hurt, but people who endanger others should have their licenses revoked on the spot.

Last edited:

TJoel

I think it would be great if there were a feature on a cellphone which allows the carrier to temporarily disable the service when the cellphone is detected to be in a running car.

Jonathan

While it sounds like a great idea, I wonder if it would be practical. Not all people in a running car are driving, right? My wife would be mad if she couldn't use her cellphone in the car.