The Sex Talk

Johnny

For those of you who are single fathers and have a daughter, how do you handle the sex talk? Was it awkward or not as bad as you thought? I've always thought this would be one of the hardest things to do.

forgotten

If it were me, I would talk about it from a man's point of view. I would explain how a man thinks about women and about sex, so she would understand what to expect and take the necessary precautions.

PaPaul

Banned
My step-daughters' father bought them a great book that he had researched online and read lots of reviews to find. It was great for the older girl, who loves to read, but the younger one depends more on the older sister to inform her, and we can't be sure she's getting all she needs to know without her mom's help. If your daughter does like to read, though, I'd recommend that route.

Dave07

A book is an okay starting point but when it comes to sex there needs to be a lot of conversation as well. Otherwise you have no idea how much they actually understand and if they have gotten all that they need to from it.