Thinking of going back to school

daddyjay

I am thinking about going back to school for a second degree. It is something I want to do and that I think will benefit my family in the long run. But I do worry about the financial aspect of things.

polamalu43

Can you get assistance to help with the schooling cost? How about working full time and going to college part time? What are you going to major in? Is it something you can take online?

Jatelo2

I am thinking about going back to school for a second degree. It is something I want to do and that I think will benefit my family in the long run. But I do worry about the financial aspect of things.
Provided you are going to exercise prudence in your financial management, everything will be smooth. The problem might only occur if your priorities are wrong!

youngone

I'm considering going back to higher education as well. It is a big step to take and my earnings will take a huge dent but I am sure I will benefit in the long run with better career options. It would also enable me to work abroad.

Foster

I say do it. I've recently do it and don't regret it, yes money is a little tight but youfind ways around that.

Bear

I also say go for it! So far it has worked out very well for our family, and I know that it will make things easier for all of us in the long run. Also, make sure that you look into Pell grants. You might be able to get some financial assistance for going back.

ghanashyam

My best wishes to you, because of my many efforts, I could not do it. I know family and finance mess up so many things. I had joined a MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION COURSE few years back, it was for 6 months, but I could hardly do it for 2 months. Best of Luck.

CuriousJ

I would only do it if you are financially stable and have a steady income now and for the duration of the course.

It's not worth getting into debt with the economy being in the state it is in currently.

mollew3

Im kind of shaky about all of the degrees and loans that comes with school. If I wouldve known what I know now I wouldve went to a trade school and then opened up my own plumbing or electrical business. If you have a plan though, do whats best for your family.

FrankSinatra

Will it be worth it or would your career be better suited with an advanced degree instead? Are you doing this in hopes of changing careers? What is the job market like in your area/field?

There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself and answer before making a monumental decision like this.

Justadad

It depends a lot on what kind of career you intend to pursue as I know that there are a lot of unemployed people with degrees. There just aren't as many jobs available nowadays, so choose the degree carefully and, good luck!