Tired of "nice guys"

Len

I am so tired of seeing "nice guys" on TV and in movies. I don't mean people who do nice things. "Nice guys" are the guys who think that because they are friends with a woman she owes them a relationship because he wants one and he's nice. A lot of the guys on TV will accuse a woman of leading him on for being friends with him. It's just irritating.

chelly

I am not sure I actually follow this, can you list a show or a movie that I might know? I have seen this off the screen but I am not seeing it on anything we have watched recently.

Ralphie

I think, then, that I am really glad we decided to drop our cable service. From the sounds of things, we are not really missing much by not watching TV. (Real life is entertaining enough!)

Sportsfanatic

To me a nice guy is someone that treats people with respect and is honorable. This has nothing to do with him picking up a female friend to have a relationship. I don't see anything nice about him assuming he is owed that.

Jakex3

It's an internet term that I see around, that's why it's in quotes. There is nothing actually nice about latching on to a person and then saying they are owed a relationship but these guys will self-identify as "nice guys". I think 500 Days of Summer might be sort of an example but I see it more often in real life. On Facebook my nephew is one of those guys. He is a sophomore in high school and keeps posting about a girl "leading him on" because she is a friend. It's annoying.