Too much time online

PatrickK

Do you think that you spend too much time online? I know that I do because I work online at home. I can't help it though, I have to make a living. I sometimes have headaches from reading so much online.

Sam

What makes you think that you are spending too much time online? Is it the headaches or a sense that you should be doing something else? Maybe you can work at intervals?

Kenneth

I don't think I spend too much time online. I do enjoy it and I even make a little extra income online so it's worth it. The only thing I might regret is that it sometimes keeps me from doing things like exercise.

Greendad

Do you think that you spend too much time online? I know that I do because I work online at home. I can't help it though, I have to make a living. I sometimes have headaches from reading so much online.
I don't think you spend too much time online if you are making a living working online. Though, for health reasons, I agree with Sam about working at intervals. Have you tried it?

Lorenzo

I agree with you PatrickK, as I myself spend most of the day (and night) online. Unlike you guys, though, I am still in the process of looking for online work which makes me feel guilty all the more (with devoting a large portion of my time on the net than in other productive offline things). But, I guess, if we just know how to prioritize (like finding online work and not wasting internet time playing online games) and who to prioritize, then spending time online may not be as bad as it seems.

Michael

I wish I had more time to spend online. I work outside the home and my hobbies keep me either outside or in my workshop. When I finally get time to get online, I don't feel guilty. I just wish I could type and read faster, or could do it in my truck when I'm driving.

Bobby

I probably spend more time online than I should. But I'm determined to make some extra cash for toys and vacations and I sure don't want to get a part-time job to do it.

ryan

If you didn't have an online business, you'd probably be sitting in front of a computer somewhere else. Lots of employees spend their whole day staring at a monitor. At least you can be home to attend to anything that comes up. Several people I know who work at home on the computer have said that they hardly ever do fun things on the computer anymore like playing games or using Facebook. They spend their online time a lot more wisely.

Babar

I actually think I should spend more time online, even though currently, I spend gobs of time on it. Our extra income is dependent upon my working online, and there are certainly times when I could be working more. Sometimes I get tired of being glued to a screen, though!

Victor

I am online most of the time. Like many of you, some of it is for work, so that's not so bad, but I'm on it during the evening as well. I just really love being online and waste too much time surfing the net.

Niceness8000

I agree. I am working on a strategy to automate my online processes. I have a lot of the same problems you describe, on top of the fact that I just want to spend more time with my family.

Hank

I work online AND out of the home. It doesn't leave me much time to do anything pleasurable online. I do go to Facebook because that's how I keep track of a lot of my friends. Otherwise I don't get to do much.

Victor Leigh

I am online most of the time. Cyber space is where I work and cyber space is where I play. However I am very careful with the health of my eyes. Whenever I feel tired, I always take a break. I would just take a nap.

writer811

I'm online for hours every day making a little extra money to support myself. I don't see it as leisure time so I don't think I'm on too much from that perspective. I do think it is unhealthy long term to sit at the computer hour after hour so I try to take breaks.

tommymac

It's an easy trap to fall into. Being online is a lot like how watching TV was when we were kids. We can just get hypnotized by it. Personally, I allot my time, accomplish what I came to accomplish, and leave before my time has expired.

Mr. Rogers

I absolutely spend too much time online. I work from home as well, and work 8 hours a day and am about to start working evenings too. Hey, gotta do what you gotta do.

erin

I get in periods where I just want to be online instead of being with the kids. I feel guilty about it but then realize that with all the video games they play I'm virtually invisible half the time anyways.

BigDaddy

Sometimes I feel lie I do. It is an income source for me so I cant really avoid it all together. Maybe I could stand to unplug every now and then.

youngone

I do work from home, I spend 6 to 7 hours a day sitting on my chair and staring at the computer screen. I try to get off my chair and move around as often as possible but it can be difficult when I am busy and caught up in my work.

The headaches might be caused by eye strain. A good tip is to close your eyes for 20 seconds every 30 minutes to let your eyes relax.

Victor

I get in periods where I just want to be online instead of being with the kids. I feel guilty about it but then realize that with all the video games they play I'm virtually invisible half the time anyways.
I can relate, but mine aren't at the video game stage, so I have to force myself off the computer to play with them more. I feel bad about it, but I'm just not that into playing with little kids.