Trying to help my wife with the party.

Bearsfan

My wife and I are hosting her family for Christmas this year. My wife usually volunteers for 2 holiday parties a year, but this one has been particullarly stressful for her. I keep asking her what she needs/wants me to do to help, but she brushes me off and tells me it's all under control. But, she has been short-tempered to say the least.

Do you think I should just start doing chores without asking? Or, do you think I should just keep offereing and drop it when she says no?

Timothy

Unless your wife is very particular about how she likes the chores to be done, I'm sure it would be a major help if you just went ahead and did a few of them for her. My wife is the same way about refusing my help when I offer it, but if I just go ahead and do it without offering to do it first, she'll thank me later.

polamalu43

I would say help out. Maybe she is sick of you asking and not just doing? Try to help out and she how she reacts. I know my wife likes it a lot better when I just step up and help out. Talk is cheap she tells me.

Bearsfan

I did go ahead and start doing things. My wife was most pleased with me getting the kids to really clean their rooms without the usual moaning and groaning. I've been keeping up with the laundry, dishes and general tidying. I also asked her if it would be a help for me to get the kids out of the house for a few hours the on Christmas Eve. She jumped at that, and thought it was the best idea.