Turkey Only?

KSmith

Of course, we always have turkey on Thanksgiving, along with all the traditional side dishes. Does anyone have another meat in addition to or instead of turkey? We usually have turkey and noodles, too, which is still turkey, but the variation is nice.

Salazar

Nope, we're a turkey only family. I'm not a big fan of poultry and Thanksgiving is really the only time during the year that I eat it. If she made something else in addition to turkey I would probably overlook the bird.

Jeff

We are having turkey and ham both at our Thanksgiving table. My step father does not like turkey so we always have both for Thanksgiving and ham only on Christmas.

BensDad

We did a turkey and a duck when my dad was still alive. But since his passing, we are a turkey only family for Thanksgiving. Now, for Christmas there is usually at least 3 different meat courses to choose from.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
We usually have just turkey. The next Thanksgiving we host though, I want to go real old school. Try and get some deer, a duck, maybe a goose. I'm thinking true pilgrim and a harvest feast.