Up at 4:30

Victor

My oldest daughter got me up at 4:30 this morning and refused to go back to sleep. I hate mornings like this. She was begging to go to bed at 8:30 last night so we put her in bed, figuring she would sleep until a normal time even if bedtime was early, but apparently we were wrong.

Andersson

I remember years ago when my girl woke us up before the rooster down the road had which was seldom. I still remember that darn guy. The little one was upset that her fitted sheet had come off during the night, she was about six or so and was crying her eyes out over it. It looks like your girl just woke up before the rest on a random night and hopefully it is not something that happens too often.

Victor

It is rare, fortunately, but that doesn't make it any less upsetting when it does happen. I had such a headache all day long from the lack of sleep.

Chrisitan

Ah man! I feel for you. We get up regularly at 4:30 a.m. so I know how early that is. We don't leave the house until around 7 a.m. so we try to get our two up as late as possible. We make sure they have baths at night so they just get up, wash their faces, get dressed, grab a cereal bar and it's out the door. We try to get them up at around 6 a.m. but man, it's sometimes hard to do.

Sinbian

Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. I hate getting up in the morning like that but sometimes you just need to get used to it. Of course setting some regular sleep time is a must.

polamalu43

How old is your oldest daughter? That is really early to be getting up in the morning. Hopefully you were able to just put cartoons on and go back to sleep on the couch.

On The Mark

With the exceptions of the random feeding times when she was a baby, my daughter has never done that. 4:30 in the morning? I'm lucky if she gets up on time at 6:30.

Victor

My oldest daughter is 3.5. Normally her wake time is between 7 and 8 am, so 4:30 was a nasty surprise. Luckily she hasn't repeated the early wake up since then.

Zimmer

This reminds me of the times when my oldest used to wake me up at 3 am to fix him something to eat. He eventually grew out of it. Kids sometimes have their own little quirks.