Up to what point?

MickL

My cousin has some problems with his relationship. He thinks his girlfriend loves another guy and maybe cheating on him. She often talks with my cousin about the guy in such a way that she looks like she adores him.

If you were in such a situation, to what point would you let your partner like another guy?

Jessie

If my wife were to talk to me that way I would flat out ask her. We have a vary open communication relationship though. I would not appreciate her talking to me like that and I would second guess her intentions.

Manning

It's hard to know what is really going on (or not) if he doesn't talk to her about it. He could be reading things into what she says that aren't there. If what he believes is true and she wants the other guy, she should leave. I wouldn't stay with a woman who wanted someone else.

Blended

It's time to find and punch that other guy out! :D I'm just kidding, but I couldn't resist. He needs to ask her but directly. He can carefully make a comparison of certain qualities he has with qualities of that other guy his girlfriend is speaking of. This can't be a direct comparison but carefully thought out question. If she then responds by putting your cousin's qualities in 2nd place then something stinky is definitely going on.

Cruise

Yeah I think he needs to talk with her about that. I don't like to be compared to another guy especially if I will end up being in the second place LOL.

MickL

Thanks for the advice guys. I agree that he should talk with his girlfriend about that. The problem is that he is not good in it and he doesn't want to put their relationship at risk by asking her what she perhaps doesn't do.