Urinary Tract Infection

Endalia

I had to wind up going to the doctor today for a urinary tract infection. The only other one I can remember having was about 15 years ago. It's very uncomfortable and I don't like it. Now I'm on antibiotics and a medicine which is supposed to numb the bladder. I don't like it one bit.

Andersson

I have felt that pain many years ago and I am not sure how common it is for men but my wife just about had a heart attack when I told her I had managed to get one. The doctor seemed to understand it better and I was in total disbelief, I had thought only women get them.

Mel

I had one not too long ago. The antibiotics they gave me for it had awful side effects that seemed worse than the actual illness itself.

polamalu43

Wow! I hope to never get a UTI. I have not yet so there is hope. How do you get them anyway? Sounds like the medicine is bad that you have to take.

Endalia

Well, the reason I had them is because I have small stones pass through the urinary tract. I have had to be hospitalized for kidney stones before but I'm usually able to pass them at home. I have small "gravel" that I pass undetected at times but that's why I have this UTI.

Victor

Of course men get UTIs, but it's a lot less likely. My wife says it's because "things are closer together" and women have shorter urethras.

Endalia, I hope you feel better soon.

Timothy

Luckily, I've never gotten a urinary tract infection before, but my wife used to get several of them a year. I think she's managed to avoid any this year, but I always feel sorry for her when she gets them, because I can see how much pain she's in.