USDA, FDA and Food Safety

greatdad

My wife reads lots of articles about the USDA and FDA. From what she says, she no longer believes anything they say about anything and digs a lot deeper. A lot of what she finds is from non-mainline sources, but from her explanations, they really make sense. Do you trust the USDA and FDA to protect consumers, and especially your kids from harmful foods, drugs and agricultural practices?

SamMo

Call me cynical but I no longer believe the government about anything. Everyone is in it to make as much money as possible and hang the consequences, and I do mean everyone!

William

You are absolutely right SamMo. Everyone has its own agenda with our present government. It is not about the majority's welfare any longer but to anything that profits politicians.

So we must take good care of our health. Let's us fresh foods and if possible plant our vegetables.

greatdad

I didn't want to come out with it in my first post, but those are exactly my thoughts, SamMo and William. I've lost all faith in the government doing anything for our welfare, but it's not only them that I no longer trust. It's the medical establishment and anything that has to do with anything that brings in big money.

youngdad

I guess I'm going to have to do some investigating. I've always believed that our government really is for the people, but from some of the legislation that's been passed over the last few years, I can understand how all that might have changed.