Want want want

Paul40

I tell you having kids is expensive. If it's not one thing it's another. Right now it is school clothes, yearbooks, cheerleading outfits, dance shoes, etc. Then I get from my daughter, dad can I have some money to go to the movies with my friends? I said sure, can you help with the laundry today. But DAD... that is so mean!

Unclerob

How old is she? Yes it's time she do chores for those extra items she wants. Kids are expensive that is true, but so worth it. I'm just an uncle but I see the money my brother is always shelling out. I let the kids come and take my pop cans back for extra spending money.

stayathomepaul

Aww. Well I have younger kids but they earn allowance already. Sure they are under 10 and they do not do the best cleaning jobs but if I find them jobs they can help with that don't make things worse then they can do them to earn money.

lamant

I think "Want want want" is followed by "Need need need", I heard that enough growing up and helping to take care of an older siblings kids. I am surprised anyone made it out alive.

Sampson

What drives me crazy is all the stuff that they want/need now ends up carelessly tossed aside after a week or two and then all of sudden there's something else that is so important.

Paul40

You got it, it's tossed aside and they want something else. Man it drives me crazy. I have installed a chore chart, she thinks she is too old for it. I said do this and you will earn $20 a week to go to the movies, shop, whatever you want.

spencer

Expensive indeed, but worth the effort. They are a blessing but at times we need to be firm and not let them have everything they want.

That is the easiest separation of a need and want.