Water and kidney problems

Pascallist

It's always advisable to drink plenty of water regularly to keep your kidney healthy and functioning properly. But I just read that someone with certain kidney problems is not to drink too much water. :confused:

Greendad

You are to drink enough water, not too much of it. Especially if you had a kidney problem, excessive drinking would put so much burden to your kidneys, and would make the problem worse.

PeterPan

Wooh! I thought that one should drink more than what is regularly required when one has kidney stones. Is that the kind of kidney problem you are talking about?

Mohidad

It is new to me also, but I think it makes sense. I love water so I would make sure not get any kidney problem so that I can always drink much water. :)

jason

Administrator
Staff member
They are always changing health rules. So I go by moderation. I drink water, milk and juice. Once in a while a soda, and have a few beers a week. I just try not to overdue it with anything.

Sportsfanatic

I had to cut back on the soda because, I always felt like crap. It's amazing how much soda drags the body down. I would down super big gulps like they were going out of style. I reached 200lbs for the first time in my life and I'm not fat, though I have a gut. I made the choice to start drinking water all the time. I wasn't aware that too much was bad. I exercise so I sweat it out a lot. Isn't that healthy to do if you want to drink so much of it?

Ifamily

I think you are to drink plenty of water when you have no health problem with your kidneys, to keep the kidneys healthy. If you had a kidney problem, you should be more careful about your water intake.