Wedding cost

Jonathan

Just curious, when you got married, who paid most of the wedding cost? Was it your family or your wife's family? Or did both parties share the cost equally?

Jdrake

Both parties shared the cost equally. My parents and my wife's parents both chipped in, and my wife and I both chipped in. We were pretty frugal so we were able to have a nice wedding without a huge bill for any one person.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I paid for most of it. My parents paid for the hotel rooms. That was their wedding gift to us.

Regis

Since we're older and this will be a second marriage for both of us we'll have to pay for it ourselves. Most of the money goes towards the kids so it'll be a small ceremony probably in the fall.

ChristopherT

Her parents paid for the wedding and mine paid for the rehearsal dinner. Her parents have four daughters and mine have three so I made sure I stuck to one!

Salazar

This is my second marriage so my wife and I paid for it. It was a small destination wedding so the the wedding itself was pretty cheap. It was the cost of travel that I'll be paying on for the rest of my life.