Weird food

Miller

We had a family gathering tonight and talked about our growing up days. One of the cousins told the story about how one of his friends came in and thought whatever was cooking smelled delicious. My cousin told him to open the oven and have some of what was cooking. The guy opened the oven to find a huge raccoon lying out on his back, arms open wide. He didn't flinch. In short order, he tore off a raccoon leg and chowed down, saying that was the best stuff he'd ever eaten. I didn't know about this story until now, but my cousin's stepfather did cook some weird things.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I will typically try anything. I have friends from India and their mom cooks be the best food. I honestly do not know what I'm eating, although I doubt it is anything like road kill, but when I ask, I'm told not to worry and enjoy.

Sinbian

I won't eat just anything. Everywhere I go I see people eager to taste something new. I on the other hand will probably order something like grilled chicken.

Kost

I would still want to know what I am eating before I try it and I have no issues trying new foods either. My mind is a curious one so if someone actually told me not to worry, then I would and guessing I would be a little upset about their reaction too.

Babar

My younger cousin used to swipe whole sticks of butter to nosh on from the dinner table! And no, he doesn't have a weight problem today. It's amazing how weird we can all be when it comes to food.

Andersson

If it smells that good I might be tempted to give it a go. I would love to know what it tastes like before hand though. I am still the adult that if I do not like it, take the kid route & spit it out with that funny look on my face.

Clay

I'll try just about any kind of food. Once when I was young, my cousin and I came to visit my grandma. There was what looked to be a casserole, next to the stove, so we dug in. My grandma comes out of her sewing room, and asks us how we like the dog scraps! She had been saving some food for her dog! It was tasty though! I guess it is true, when they say a teenage boy will eat anything!

janicecai1

The weirdest food that I have eaten is when my Chinese ex asked me to eat deep friend pigeons. I just cannot imagine eating these poor birds - they just look so lovely. How come they are a delicacy in China? Another weird food that my Chinese ex also asked me to eat is the brain of the roasted suckling pig. Well, maybe he was just teasing me at that time.