What do you want to be when you grow up?

Jack

You know how people always ask you when you're a kid what you want to be when you grow up? Did you become that or something else?

Bear

I want to be a millionaire when I grow up! Actually, I don't know if I'll ever grow up completely. Life is all about learning new skills and taking a journey down different paths. When you stop learning and growing you stop living.

CHenne

Something else - I wanted to be a firefighter, a NFL football player, a spaceship operator, etc. I'm not any of these things. I want my kids to dream big just as I did.

Kina

I want to be retired........ living on the lake..... widowed with a 20 year old girlfriend.... Did I just say that??!!

Victor Leigh

When I was a kid, I had the vague idea that I wanted to be someone who made a difference to the world. Now I am in my twilight years and I seriously don't think I have made much of an impact on the world yet. Still, I have not given up hope on that dream. Now that I am in cyber space, maybe I can achieve my dream more easily.

Jonathan

I used to have a dream of being an astronaut and an author writing popular books in my childhood. I never touch a spaceship, and I haven't written a single book yet.

June11th

I wanted to be a Doctor, and then a Cop. I still want to be a Cop, or a Journalist. Or better yet, a Crime Journalist (eventually...)

I'm doing none of that anyway. I'll get there, someday.

meowcow

Well, I didn't really know what I wanted to be in my early days, to be honest. I just basically answered it as truthfully as I can which was "architect, probably" :D There wasn't any internet back then, thus limiting the options quite a bit. I turned out to be a website designer though, so I wouldn't say it was that far off. This question reminded me how fun it must be to design houses though. Very interesting post, thanks! :)

Don

I wanted to be a cowboy or a pilot. I did get my pilot's license, but I never did fly professionally. I may still move out west one day and become a cowboy --- or a firefighter. That would be cool too.

Victor

I wanted to be an astronaut or a rock singer. Well, I've found I'm a little bit afraid of heights and have a terrible voice, so you can guess how that all turned out. ;)

AceOfHype

I wanted to be a chef at first, but as I went through many family crisis involving cancer and disease at around my early teens I decided I wanted to go into the medical profession.

I'm currently a general practitioner at my local clinic.

themdno

In a way, I am what I wanted to be, I guess, haha! I was never really sure what I wanted to do when I was a kid, I could never pick anything.

Now that I'm grown, I do all different kinds of things, as a freelancer. I can never stick to the same thing for very long. So, even now, I guess I don't know what I want to be!

Lorenzo

I've always wanted to be a lawyer. But, I fell in love, got dumped, changed courses thrice, then completely dropped out of College. I went to work in a government office for 16 years then opted for an early retirement so I could focus more on my five kids.

Do I ever wish to go back to school again and study law? You bet, but I'm thinking I'm too old for it. Maybe when the kids are grown and can take care of themselves, I might try school once more.

joeldgreat

I want to be in the military when I grew up. And its been my dream until I reach my senior high school when I had learned that being a soldier is one of the most difficult job there is. I would pursue it if I want but my parents had convince me to change my dream. That being a soldier would mean that you have to live your life with one foot on the grave. That your family would suffer if you will be a away from home because you are send to some remote places. But despite changing my dream, I have no regrets doing it.

FrankSinatra

I definitely became something else; I am not sure what it was to begin with but I know working in a call center was not the first thing I thought of growing up.

BigPapa

No, I did not become an astronaut like I said when I was a kid, but I did become something far more important. Happy! That is what every person should strive for. happiness in all that they do.

JRDeep

I wanted to be a cartoonist, or design video games. I used to draw a lot as a kid. I also had a ton of ideas for my own games. I thought it would be so cool doing something I love as a hobby, for a living. I haven't sketched anything in a while. and I tried to learn a programming language a while back. Making a game is way too hard. I rather draw up levels, design characters, and maybe do the storyboard or something.l I just don't have the drive to go after that dream.

NoRisk

I definitly didn't become what i wanted to be when i was a child. I don't think many of us do in the end.

it didn't help that i changed my mind at least 10 times.

ghanashyam

I have already finished the attaining of whatever I wanted. I wanted to become the manager of the bank, and though, I could not become manager, I retired as assistant branch manager.

Miller

I thought I wanted to become a math teacher, and I ended up teaching math in high school for long enough to satisfy my scholarship requirements. Then I started selling textbooks and have been much happier than in the classroom.