What do your kids think of your music?

Don

Do your kids like your music or do they think it is old and dated? My daughter never cared for my music until Steven Tyler appeared on American Idol. Now, she is listening to some Journey and Van Halen. There may be hope for her yet.

chea

That's great. I love Journey and I plan on playing that and other music that I love for my son in his crib. My dad used to play a lot of Beatles music for me as an infant. As I got older, maybe 10 years old, I didn't appreciate his music tastes as much, but now that I'm grown I'm glad he played it for me. It's great that your daughter is starting to understand what good music is all about.

footballtim

I live in Key West, Florida. Here in Key West, we are not overwhelmed by young kids who only like the new music. Key West has a wide variety of entertainment, but thankfully, we do not have places that play rap or hip-hop.

It is here where I met an 18 year old kid last year during Fantasy Fest, and he was rocking out to Free Ride by the Edgar Winter Group. He told me that he only listens to the music his father listens to, and that he thinks that the music of today is garbage.

Hearing that was music to MY ears.

youngone

I listen to modern dance music, I am only 25. My son seems to like my music, he nods his head and jiggles when I play it. he doesn't like the more aggressive dance music, though. I can't stand my Dad's taste in music. He listens to depressing music like Mumford & Sons, awful!

Hank

I play a lot of classic rock and they like it. Of course, they like some of today's music. Our son is actually embarrassed by some of the language on some of today's music.

ghanashyam

I love old Hindi songs and as I start playing them, my children would complain me that the music is so slow that they would get drowsiness if the songs continues. They play it when they want to go to sleep.

roncar

My kids like some of my music. I actually got my oldest daughter into Queen and Guns 'n' Roses. My youngest likes some of the 50s songs I like and a few Bee Gees songs.

edvisual

They actually quite like what music I listen to. The like Michael Jackson, Modern Talking, Bee Gees, BB King's blues songs and more others. I am quite impressed I have to say, I wasn't expecting that

polamalu43

I listen to a lot of new music so the kids love it. I do like some of the oldies too (Journey, Def Leppard, etc.) but I like the newer music too. It's a happy medium at my house.

tommymac

When I was a kid, I liked what my folks played in the car's cassette deck while we drove up to our yearly vacation spot. As a teen, I hated all the crap they used to play when I was a kid. Now that I'm an adult, I get nostalgic when I hear all the stuff they used to play.

Lorenzo

My kids and I share the same passion for music. While the kids are into Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, One Direction and all the young singers out there, I grew up listening to Wham! and Tears for Fears. I still listen to their songs in the car, and whenever I fetch the kids from school, they get to appreciate these bands music, too.

Victor

I live in Key West, Florida. Here in Key West, we are not overwhelmed by young kids who only like the new music. Key West has a wide variety of entertainment, but thankfully, we do not have places that play rap or hip-hop.

It is here where I met an 18 year old kid last year during Fantasy Fest, and he was rocking out to Free Ride by the Edgar Winter Group. He told me that he only listens to the music his father listens to, and that he thinks that the music of today is garbage.

Hearing that was music to MY ears.
Minus the totally awesome "growing up in Key West" aspect, this was me growing up. I listened almost exclusively to classic rock that my parents played and I am still a big fan.

Dad Brad

My kids have always loved my music, even when they make fun of it. I like a variety, but from the time the children are little, we sing, dance and play games to our music. They have learned to like all kinds, even the classical stuff we "dust the house" with.

Gavin

My daughter thinks the music I listen to, classic rock, is "stupid". She doesn't mind the country because she likes Taylor Swift, but she doesn't get The Rolling Stones, Bad Company or Elton John.

But that's OK, she'll come around. ;)