"What's that?" "What's that?" "What's that?"

Adam

It seems that this is all my daughter says anymore! Just about anytime she opens her mouth to speak the words...."What's that?" comes out of her mouth. I understand that she is curious about her surroundings, but half the time when she is asking...she already knows the answer. It is starting to get a little bit annoying. Anyone else going through this stage with their little ones?

SeaUrchin

They ALL go through that stage. I had one daughter who just about drove me crazy asking "Why" constantly! She could know everything about something and she would still ask "Why", I'd give her an answer to that and she'd say "Why" and on and on. I was glad when they all got through that stage.

Johnny

Haha, yes that is a fun stage. You'll get through it:D My advice to you is to try your best to keep it cool and keep reminding yourself that in time it will pass. Turn the tables and keep asking "why" yourself and see what happens:D

Jeff

YES! I am going through that right now with my 4 year old! When I know he already knows the answer I just turn the question around and ask him what it is. That usually gets him to smile and answer.

Leon

I would join the club here. Sometimes the questions are hilarious and sometimes it is repetitive that it sure is annoying already. But this is the time that our patience is tried so let's try understand. Besides, there will come a time that we will these times when they have their own families in the future.

SamMo

I remember those days and the worst "why"s are those where you really don't have an answer. I'll bet a few people have exclaimed in frustration, "Because I say so!"

Restless

Uhh, I remember that stage - kids used to drive me nuts! I tried to provide answer all the time but sometimes responding with just "because" would solve the problem, at least temporarily.

Jerry F

Well, I USED to be that kid, so I kinda understand it. I remember when I used to do this to Mom. She would get so frustrated! She always said she hoped I had a kid "JUST LIKE ME" so I guess it's just pay back.

Jessie

I have experienced the same thing. I give them the answers with more detail than necessary (according to the wife), but that is becuase in the beginning I did use "becuase" to answer and got a long lecture that that is not learning for our children.