Whats wrong with radio?

stayathomepaul

Maybe I am getting old, but I really think radio has gone downhill. It seems like most the music sucks. I try to listen to it but I have to change the station every 10 minutes or something.

Phillie

I actually enjoy the radio still. Every morning I listen to my favorite station - it's more chit chat than music. I listen to the radio throughout the day at work too. I love music.

Jdrake

I think it depends what stations you can get. If you are in a place where all you can get are 10 country stations and 2 regular stations, and you hate county, it would seem like there is nothing on the radio.

2andalone

I don't listen to FM radio anymore because I hate the commercials and talk shows. I listen to podcasts, but only with people I actually like to listen to. I have XM radio and I recommend it. There are so many stations to choose from I think you'll always have something to listen to.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My problem with radio. You get two or three songs, five if you are extremely lucky, then 15-20 minutes of advertising or the radio person talking. I'll pass. It is a shame though since I find new music on occasion, but I prefer the cable's music channels. All music, no filler.

Greendad

Actually I still listen to the radio, though it's not so fun as it used to be. Now they talk more than play music. But it's still better to listen to the radio than to watch television.

ChristopherT

My problem with radio. You get two or three songs, five if you are extremely lucky, then 15-20 minutes of advertising or the radio person talking. I'll pass. It is a shame though since I find new music on occasion, but I prefer the cable's music channels. All music, no filler.
I'm the same way. If I'm at home I'll just put on the all-music channel on the TV. If I'm in the car though it's AM sports talk.

Luke

I don't really do the radio anymore. I use Pandora or Zune to stream at the house and in the car I have a ton of cd's.

crowl

I wish they had a substitute for listening to the commercials too. With my TV we record everything so it is not an issue but with radio after one pops on I am changing the station already to find something else to listen to.

Jdrake

That would be fantastic Crowl. Lately one of the stations here has been moving their traffic news around to different times than you would expect. I think it must be in effort to get people to listen longer.