When Do You Know?

Shadow

Some people claim that you can almost smell the end of a relationship, when people distance themselves from their spouses. Constant fights may not not the best and most accurate sign of this.

Blended

It depends on the people but I guess when there are no fights and they don't seem to care what happens to the other person. That is when it starts to be serious.

TJoel

I think so. Different couples have different situations and "signs". Though, I agree when the one doesn't seem to care about the other anymore, and seems to be OK with whatever the other does, they should worry about it.

Sam

I really have no idea. I've been married to my spouse almost 30 years and it feels like we're just getting to the "the good part" now. We have never had enough time together.

James

I think I agree with Blended. I think as long as the two of you are fighting, there is still a desire there to come to an agreement about the cause of the argument. When one spouse ceases fighting and says, "Fine, whatever.", or something to that effect, then you have a problem, because that spouse has essentially given up. As long as both partners are trying to make it work, I think it can be worked out.

Paul1960

It depends on the people but I guess when there are no fights and they don't seem to care what happens to the other person. That is when it starts to be serious.
As a husband of 30+ years, I would agree with this above anything else. If your wife (or husband) stops caring, the relationship is over.