When She Makes More

Bobby

My wife has a better, more high paying job than I do and I'm proud of her. It's never bothered me to make less money. I'm glad she makes what she does because that means there is more for us to live on and enjoy. We're a family so I don't think of it as my money or her money. I also know that lots of guys don't have those feelings. Would it bother you if your wife made more than you do?

Lorenzo

It wouldn't bother me. My wife and I basically earn somewhat the same amount of money from our jobs. There are times when she gets the bigger paycheck, but it was never an issue with me. We're a team and we agreed a long time ago that it's never healthy to compete with each other (in terms of work, achievements, who the kids want to spend more time with, etc.). After all, it's only money, and no matter how big or small the other makes, it is still for our family.

Victor

It doesn't bother me, which is a good thing since I'm a stay at home dad! ;) As you guys said, it's family money, not her money or my money.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
It would be nice. I would have no problems with it and would be happy to have more money coming in.

Salazar

When my wife and I first moved in together she brought home more than I did. I made more on paper, but thanks to child support obligations from a previous marriage, she was the main bread winner. I was perfectly fine with it. We opened a joint account very early on in our relationship and ever since then it's just been our money no matter who makes it.

polamalu43

Not at all! I would welcome more money coming into the house! I do know some men that do care though. They get upset when the subject is brought up. I think they are crazy! It's like people are questioning their manhood.

Michael

I would love for my wife to make more money than I do. We don't mingle our finances much, however. In fact, I have no clue how much money she has in savings. She's just that way. She's frugal to the point of stingy, she is fair when it comes to dividing up the bills and I never have to worry about taking care of her car and stuff because she does the maintenance according to her anal schedule. It gives me more time.

Christian

I don't care who brings in more, but someone sure needs to do it! With the way prices are rising I would be happy if either one of us got some kind of a raise! We have a joint account so it is all community money anyway.