When The Ex Is Mad

Fargon

What's the best way to handle this when you want to see your child? Me, I can't take a lot of emotional ups and downs from her, the main reason we're divorced, but I don't want to not see my daughter just because of this either. I'm just afraid that if I meet her under these conditions things will turn ugly and just make matters worse.

Sinbian

A piece of advice from a person who has been there. Try not to think of it like it's just her fault. You are in it too. But instead improve your self discipline and ignore provocations. Who cares what she has to say.

Lorenzo

Can't you act cordially with each other when your daughter's around? It may be difficult for the both of you, but it's something you need to do for your kid. She's suffered enough (I'm sure, as I also come from a broken home) from your break-up with her mom, she doesn't deserve any more heartaches from her parents.

Salazar

I feel for your situation, Fargon. I've been there. It isn't easy to hold my tongue when my ex starts picking on me, and I'm not always successful, but I just do my best. A good pep talk from my wife before I have to go into the situation can help. Do you have anyone like that who can be supportive right before you have to deal with the ex?

Jack

Sounds like a pretty toxic situation. Usually the advice is to stay away from toxic people and relationships. In your case, developing strategies to minimize the amount of contact required is probably your best bet.