When they leave home

Greendad

It's still a long way but I already think about how it will be when the kids leave home and start their own life. I bet it will be hard for me and the wife. Have you experienced this?

stayathomepaul

No, but I am looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong, I love the kids. I just can not wait until my wife and I can do what ever we please again. We will miss them, but hopefully they will make good choices so they won't have to move back home.

Independent

I am not sure how I will feel about it. I think I will go through a number of stages. I will probably worry a lot, miss them, feel sad and eventually accept that they are grown and ready to be on their own.

Pascallist

It is still a long way for me also, but I know that eventually the time will come when they leave home one by one. I have to prepare myself to deal with the empty nest syndrome.

Ed35

:( I have 3 more years until my first one leaves home. I don't even want to think about it. It scares me to no end! I know I will miss the kids when they are gone, but I also know that we did a great job raising them and they will be 100% fine.

Salazar

I have a while to go before this happens, but I know I'm not going to be happy about it. If we had more than one it might be a different story, but my daughter is an only child and that is going to make it hard to let her go.

Greendad

Ed I know how you feel. I know they will be perfectly fine after they leave home, but I am not sure if we will be as fine as they are.