When you get married...?

Cruise

When you get married to your spouse, have you been financially established enough, having a good and permanent job, etc.? Or do you like me who was still struggling to make a living?

PeterPater

I got married quite late in life so I was well established in my career. I really appreciate that this removed some pressures from us both, though the down side was it was hard to carve time out of my schedule to accommodate family life.

danno

I did have a job when I met my wife but a recent accident has left me unable to continue in that line of work. Our separation occurred before my accident so we were able to afford to have our son comfortably and I just about manage now.

Sinbian

When you get married to your spouse, have you been financially established enough, having a good and permanent job, etc.? Or do you like me who was still struggling to make a living?
We are the same my brother. I can't tell yo how this annoyed me because all I ever wanted at that point in life was to easily support my family, which wasn't the case at the time.

DriverDan

I had a pretty good job before I got married. I also had a bunch of debt that I had racked up during my college years. My soon to be wife was in about the same situation. We did go through our finances before we got married and took the first few years working to pay down our debt.

Cruise

Thanks guys, at least I know I am not alone here. Yeah it was frustrating when I couldn't support a family I am responsible for. Fortunately my wife was (and still is) very understanding and supportive so we could go through the challenging periods of our life.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I got married a little later then most people I know, at 32. So I was more stable then others.