Whiter teeth naturally

polamalu43

Coffee and other foods have made my teeth not so white. What can I do (not through the dentist) to whiten them up. Its driving me crazy!

RianMerino

I have heard that eating strawberries and/or rubbing them on your teeth can whiten them. There is also the old standby of baking soda. I don't have a problem with white teeth though so I haven't really used either of these methods.

Justadad

There are lots of tooth pastes that claim to whiten teeth. My wife uses Pearl Drops and she has white teeth. I use Eucryl smoker's tooth powder, though I don't smoke. It seems to get rid of stains.

CHenne

I have used baking soda before. It's awful but it did work. Have you went to the dentist? They could do something I bet. How about those whitestrips that all the toothpaste companies sell?

polamalu43

I have not tried the whitestrips yet. What do you mix with baking soda? I have never used baking soda before. It sounds really gritty though!

Victor

The white strips are ok but can be a major pain, especially since you have leave them on awhile. As for the baking soda, just get your toothbrush wet and sprinkle it on thickly. It'll mix with that water and the saliva in your mouth to form a gritty paste. It doesn't taste good, but it does whiten.

polamalu43

Thanks Victor! It sounds pretty gritty - the baking soda! I will give it a try though. The whitestrips are expensive too, I just checked today! I don't know if I would like putting something on my teeth.

CHenne

The strips somehow melt away so they are not on your teeth for long. The ones I used were mint flavored and not gross at all. The baking soda is very gritty.