Why Change?

AbsDad

I hear a lot about men's rights, but I see things that just confound me. I've never divorced so I've not experienced this.

My good friend at work is divorcing. He is a busy working man, who only ever saw his kids on the weekend. He went to work before they got up and was home after they went to bed (he's a lawyer).

Now he's divorcing, he won't accept the status quo. He's asking for 50/50! He never, ever saw them in the week-and worse-he won't be able to now. He'll be putting them in child care whilst he works.

Why? What drives a man to do this? He won't talk about it to me, which is understandable since I basically only see him at work.

Restless

Generalizing about men or women is not good because each person is different. If you ask me I would change the job that takes a lot of my time that I could be devoting to my kids.

HappyMan

Maybe he is realizing what he has missed out on. I have missed out on two years already and I don't want to miss another day, so support him and congratulate him for wanting to be with his kids.

Leon

I say priorities. Everyone has their own priorities and sometimes we neglect other important things in our lives when we prioritize something more than the others.

I agree with Restless that if he wants to spend time to his kids then he should look for another job or maybe take less responsibilities from his current job.